I fell in love with the splashy Botanical Blooms stamp set and coordinating Botanical Builder Framelits dies the minute I saw them last fall in Brussels at Stampin’ Up!’s first international OnStage event.
I need an anniversary card soon and thought that since it is summer and hot weather I’d make a tropical-ish card. You’ll see some older and new favorites used.
Supplies I used:
How To Plus Tips:
- Soft Sky card front: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded in half
- Whisper White layer: 5-1/4″ x 4″; using the Brick Wall embossing folder, run it through the Big Shot; stamp, at an angle on the side that has the indentations between the bricks, using the Watercolor Wash back ground stamp that has been inked up with Soft Sky Classic Ink.
- Peekaboo Peach and Flirty Flamingo card stocks: you’ll only need 2″ square scraps: die cut them with the larger flower from the Botanical Builder Framelits. Use the Sponge Dauber and coordinating inks along the edges of each flower.
- Old Olive card stock and Classic Ink: Stamp the veins from the two larger leaves from the Botanical Builder Framelits and then use the corresponding framelits and the Big Shot and cut out leaves. I had a Mossy Meadow leaf in my stamp box so also used it. I would have die cut another leaf using Old Olive card stock if I didn’t have the Mossy Meadow one on hand.
- More Whisper White: Also die cut two flower centers and brush their edges with coordinating ink. Attach to larger flowers with Glue Dots. Stamp ‘celebrate’ on a scrap……..but here’s the TIP: Since this is a photopolymer stamp you can bend it a bit as you attach it to the clear block so that it fits the curve of one of the Duet Banner punched images. Stamp the word first, then stamp the banner and then punch it out. Attach the punched image to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the inside of the card with the Wishing You happiness….. greeting from the Better Together stamp set using Old Olive classic ink.
I hope the recipients of this card feel the cool tropical breezes that I blew into it. Enjoy!
You can make any of the supplies used in this lovely card your own by stopping over in my Stampin’ Up! store to make your online purchase. You can also send me an email, Blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com, and I’ll gladly help you with your order.