My oldest California grandson was 11 on Monday and I’ll be seeing him tomorrow. Whew! I finally finished his card. He’s an avid sports fan and that includes the San Francisco Giants.
The ‘seam’ on the baseball is faux (yes really!) stitched with pieces from the Chevron Border Punch that were trimmed down a bit to try to keep them in proportion to the size of the ball. I pencil-followed the outside edge of one of the Circles Collection Framelits and the traced over it with the Basic Black Marker. The punched stars are from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and are attached with Glue Dots.
And inside–or when the card is flipped:
I’ve used the smallest star from the Stars Framelits and I just hand wrote the numerals to announce how old he was.* I also used a Whisper White punched star to cover up the “I” and cover it with a “we”.
- Stamps: Camera Captions (very retired 1998 SU! set), Bring on the Cake (retired), I Think You’re Great (available on June 2nd – 138712)
- Card Stock: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
- Ink: Tangerine Tango Classic Ink, StazOn Jet Black; Markers: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango
- Tools: Big Shot, Lucky Stars Textured Embossing Folder, Circles Collection Framelits, Stars Framelits, Paper Snips, Mini Glue Dots
- Accessories: Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
The completed supply list has been posted, just above. If you click on any of the current items (those with the links!) you’ll be taken to my Stampin’ Up! store so you can check them out and order them if desired! My guests last night and I designed and completed 52 postcard type Thank You cards for a local fire department event that is taking place in O-C-T-O-B-E-R! I’m not the chairman. I’m just the stamper with all the ‘toys’. I have to give the chairman lots of credit for getting these cards done way before the event while we all (3 of us) have some ‘spare time’. And now I’m off to Dublin CA for a few days of fun time with my grandkidlets, 11, 8 and 6.
Have a great day.
*Did I tell you that on my January birthday cards from three Dublin grandkids they each very purposefully and boldly put big 7 – 1 on my hand made awesome cards!!! What do they know about ‘etiquette’ at a certain age since their cards all show the number of their new year!?