Fun at the Mi Wuk Library, Part II………Foxy Friends.
Mr. Fox and his friends were on my first order from the new 2016-2017 Annual Catalog*. I live in an area where the ‘wild things roam’ and I think these critters are just stinkin’ cute! They’re cuter by far than the raccoons that occasionally scavange our garbage can. Or the skunks that leave their ‘perfume’ in the air when they’re long gone.
- Kitty Cat
- Foxy Fox
- Stinky Skunk
- Rocky Raccoon
- Rudy the Reindeer….and more
- Eyes and Whiskers
- Legs and Paws and Torsos
- Vegetation: branches, mushrooms, trees, stump
And don’t forget the coordinating Fox Builder Punch. As with many other items in this catalog, Stampin’ Up! has bundled the Foxy Friends stamp set with the Fox Builder Punch for a 10% off bundle discount. Not in the bundle but available for accents and embellishments are the 1/8″ Smoky Slate Stitched ribbon and a fun A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack.
Since this set is photopolymer you can easily see exactly where you’re adding a layer. Check out the eyes on Mr. Fox below.
Here he is, just sitting on a stump, staring at you. That’s why I added the Hello Sunshine greeting. Very dry humor.
TIPS for this pretty easy card:
- Attach the 1″ x 4-1/4″ and 1″ x 1/4″ pieces of A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack first.
- Stamp the stump using Smoky Slate Classic Ink. Stamp stump again on a sticky note and cut out.
- Lay sticky note over stump and stamp the shadow image (from the Sheltering Tree stamp set) near it’s base.
- Using Calypso Coral Classic Ink, ink up and stamp Mr. Fox himself. Stamp his head again on a piece of Whisper White card stock and punch it out with the Fox Builder punch.
- Stamp eyes and nose using Basic Black Archival Ink.
- Attach head (sounds terrible!) with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Trim a 1″ x 1/2″ piece of A little Foxy Designer Paper in flag/banner shape. Attach with adhesive of choice.
- Add greeting of your choice in the color of your choice. I used two stamps from the Sunshine Sayings stamp set using Mint Macaron Classic Ink.
You can purchase any (or all) of the items used in the creation of this Foxy card in my Stampin’ Up! store. Just click on each item in red to be taken there.
*If you don’t have your own catalog yet, send me an email, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your contact information and I’ll send one right off to you.
Be sure to click on Blythe’s Buffet, just under my banner at the top of this page, to see the offerings for my first Buffet! The registration deadline is June 22nd. Just check out the offered cards, choose a total of 8 of them, in any combination you wish, and send me an email with your contact information. In turn, I’ll send you a PayPal invoice so you can pay by credit card or from your PayPal account. Checks can be mailed; cash can be delivered. Your registration won’t be confirmed until payment is received. Thank you for your understanding. I’m really looking forward to this event!