I hope you enjoy today’s card while I’m being driven the three hours from Rouen, France to Brussels, Belgium by Hervé, Agathe, Adele and Gautier. It’s a National Holiday in France. It’ll be a bittersweet parting when they drop me off at my hotel in Brussels. I do hope you’ve been checking my FaceBook page for a travel updates.
The focal point of today’s card is *merry* from the Christmas Greetings Thinlits Dies.
Again, I love the simplicity of this card. Here are the products used:
The Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set is available in both Wood Mount and Clear Mount. It’s also available in a bundle with the Christmas Greetings Thinlits Dies which gives you a 15% discount on both items when purchased together. Great way to go!
Now back to the card. Here are the cutting instructions:
- Smoky Slate: 11″ x 4-1/4″, scored at 5-1/2″ and folded; second piece 4″ x 1-1/4″
- Cherry Cobbler: scrap large enough to accommodate the word ‘merry’
- Merry Moments Designer Series Paper Stack: 3 pieces, different patterns, 1-1/4″ x 5-1/4″
- Use the Hexagon Punch to punch out the banner piece.
- When cutting your ‘merry’ thinlit die on the Precision Base Plate, place a piece of waxed paper between the die and the card stock. The *sandwich* would be, from bottom to top: Multipurpose Platform, Precision Base Plate (label d-o-w-n), single sheet of paper/card stock, waxed paper, Die, Standard Cutting Pad.
- Attach the word merry using the new Fine Tip Glue Pen. Be sure to carefully and securely cap the Glue Pen when you’re done.
- Attach the wooden snowflake element using tiny dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue at the center and on each of the tips.
This is another card that makes a perfect pattern for use with other Designer Series Papers and card stocks and embellishments. Try your hand at changing it up.
Do you have the Christmas Greetings Thinlits Dies? If not, think about adding them to your collection. They’re so easy to use and so much fun to use. The words are merry, jolly and peace. They add so much charm to a card. Click the link above to purchase your very own dies.