Once upon a time I met this little 7 month old boy who was born on February 29, 1972. Now that he’s almost 44, I’ve made (and mailed) today’s Leap Year birthday card.
Supplies and Basics:
- Number of Years stamp set
- Island Indigo card stock (8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded) and Classic Ink
- Silver Glimmer Paper scrap
- Crushed Curry card stock scrap
- Whisper White card stock scrap
- VersaMark Pad
- Unfrogettable stamp set, retired 2008
- Big Shot, Large Number Framelits
- Punches: Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Confetti Stars Border Punch,
- Paper Snips
- Multipurpose Anywhere Glue
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
Count them if you want to, but you can also trust me: There are 44 stars on the card front. So I could keep the placement as random as possible, I made random little dots with the Multipurpose Glue and then added the stars.
I stamped the large background numbers with VersaMark so they would ‘show’ but not ‘dominate’ the card front. Did you notice that all of the numbers are 1’s (or 11’s) except for the ’44’ in the lower middle. The ‘look who’s turning’ was fussy cut with my Paper Snips. The banner was stamped, cut out with the Big Shot and then attached with several Stampin’ Dimensionals.
You have a few days to make a Leap Year card now so feel free to c.a.s.e. this one. Change out the colors to make it girly if that’s appropriate. If you do make one, please share it with us. Just send it as an attachment in an email, email@example.com, and I’ll post it on Monday, February 29th.