No fooling’, I got this lovely ’21 years at Stampin’ Up! smiler’ in my email inbox two days ago:
It’s hard to believe that I’m now beginning my 22nd year with Stampin’ Up! Who knew when I attended a ‘stamping workshop’ across the street from my home in San Jose CA that I’d sign up a week later as a demonstrator so I could
- get new ideas for the many many stamps I’d accumulated over the previous 5-6 years
- find out how to coordinate different Stampin’ Up! stamps that come in logical sets
- have coordinating card stock and ink at my fingertips……i.e. same shade of red or black or yellow or green or blue or – or – or for both card stock and my stamped image as well as accessories like ribbons and do-dads
- have a great annual catalog chock full of samples and ideas
- have a holiday ‘mini’ catalog for autumn and spring seasonal/holiday stamps
- have a 3-month annual Sale-a-Bration event where I’d could earn FREE stamps and accessories
- attend an annual convention and Leadership conference in various cities throughout the U.S.
- meet awesome stampers state and nation wide for many years and then internationally for the last 5 years or so
- make my own high quality, creative cards, 3-D items or scrapbook pages (among other things) to send/share with my friends and family
- still love Stampin’ Up! as much today as I did when I signed up in April 1996
Heck, who knew we’d have a thing called the internet when I signed up as a Demonstrator? Who knew we as demonstrators would be entering our own orders via the internet and those of our customers, rather than calling or faxing them to Stampin’ Up!’s Demo Support group? Who knew I’d actually be blogging on the internet and sharing my ideas and samples fourteen years later? Who knew I’d be confidently teaching classes at my local library and in my own Stampin’ Studio? Who knew we’d have digital cameras to make taking photos and producing videos so easy? Who knew I’d move from San Jose CA to our ‘cabin’ in Mi Wuk Village CA and be able to take my business with me?
Who could have known that one day, November 5, 2015, I’d be presenting two new suites of stampin’ products at a Stampin’ Up! event, in front of over 500 attendees? I think that is the highlight of my Stampin’ Up! career to date.
I’m thankful to have had my husband‘s proud (like cock-a-doodle-doo) support over these 21 years. I’m thankful to have my daughter Andrea to “inspire” me to 100% purge and renovate my stampin’ studio (my son’s former cabin bedroom over the garage) about a year-and-a-half ago. I’m also thankful for my daughter-in-law Khrishna who built my current blog as a birthday gift for me two years ago. She incorporated ‘me’ into the banner and did an awesome job that I can 95% manage on my own. And I’m so thankful for the stamping friends I’ve made (all over the U.S., Canada, Europe and the South Pacific) and for my customers who have become my friends. And of course I’m thankful for my down line members, those individuals who signed up under me so they could get their stamping supplies at a discount as well as run their Stampin’ Up! businesses as they chose to: hobby or serious business. Finally, I love that I’m learning new techniques and skills every day as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator.
I’m looking forward to the next number of years as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, loving what I’m doing, sharing what I love, as I help others enjoy creativity (yes, you CAN do it!) and worthwhile accomplishments…..in this I know I make a difference.