October Paper Pumpkin Cards and Alternatives make this kit even more exciting that normal. I decided before opening this kit that I was going to create some alternative cards (I’ve seen others do it and know I can as well!) and use up as many pieces as possible and make even more than the ten cards in the kit. Here are the sample cards offered in the kit instructions:
I’m always looking forward to each month’s kit and October was especially exciting since it’s going to coordinate with November’s kit–a first for Stampin’ Up! Two month’s of coordinating kits.
Check out this video for the basics of October’s Kit:
I saw a few alternative cards on the web and the following cards are my attempt at sharing some of them.
Sometimes you have to hold your breath and cut the original card in half. For October’s cards that was a bit hard because this Old Olive and Basic Black plaid is so bold and awesome. The front and back of the card are one continuous plaid image.
The cards on the left and right below each use a 5-1/2″ x 4″ piece of the basic plaid full card. One is added to an 11″ x 4-1/4″ Whisper White card base and the other is added to a Pool Party card base of the same size. The card on the left has a Gold Glimmer layer, 5″ x 3-3/4″ topped with a pre-printed layer from the October Kit, trimmed to 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″. The card on the right has a few more tweaks:
- The plaid layer of the card on the left actually has a Circle Framelit (largest) piece cut out from the middle before the Glimmer Paper layer was added. Take that circle cut-out piece and add it as the ornament for the card on the right.
- Punch out as much of the pre-printed trees from the square piece in the kit as you can, using a 2-1/2″ punch. Layer it onto the plaid ornament. Tie a bow and add it to the top of the ornament with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Stamp your greeting on either a banner (left card) or right on the ornament (right card), each with Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink.
- The center card is a full card from the kit with some additions:
- Attach the layers to the card front with adhesive of your choice (I used Fast Fuse): Pool Party on the left about equidistant from all sides. Butt the gold layer right up against the Pool Party layer. then top with the pre-printed tree layer from the Paper Pumpkin kit. Attach the larger snowflakes with glue dots (in kit) and the smaller one with a Mini-Dimensional. Using Liquid Adhesive place a tiny dot atop each snowflake and add a gold star from the bag of confetti.
- Finally stamp your greeting on a white banner with either Pool Party or Cherry Cobbler classic ink. Attach to card front with Dimensionals.
Come back tomorrow for a tutorial on making the easel card below:
This October Paper Pumpkin kit, which has supplies for 10 holiday cards, is going to be available on October 23rd for those who weren’t Paper Pumpkin subscribers by October 10th. You’ll need to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin before October 23rd since that’s the day the October kit will be available to subscribers only while supplies last. Just click here to subscribe. Please be sure to list me as your demonstrator; then you’ll always have me at your service to assist you. Be sure to go to that same Paper Pumpkin site to order your October Kit on October 23rd. They’re sure to run out fast so I’d suggest getting yours order early in the morning — although Stampin’ Up! is saying they won’t be posted until around 2 p.m. MST (Utah). I’ll let you know when they post the final announcement. Come November, you’ll also be receiving that coordinating kit. (No, I don’t have any clue what it’s going to look like!) You can subscribe for as long as you want or stop your subscription whenever you want.
These October Paper Pumpkin cards and alternatives have made great use of the kit’s components and I hope you try a few of them yourself once you have the kit in your hands. You can also use these ideas to adapt to other cards. Try it. Share your results. Get your creativity published here. I’d love to feature you!