I’ve been working on this Thanksgiving Banner for several weeks between other projects and events:
It’s not finished yet but is getting closer. I’ll provide details when I hang it in the house. That will mean I’m done! There have been many steps in creation thus far!
- Determine the size of each banner flag
- Cut the pieces (11 of them) from various patterns of the Color Me Autumn Designer Series Paper.
- Sponge the edges for some definition and pizzazz
- Realize the pieces are too thin on their own, so cut out backing pieces from packaging cardboard from Designer Series Papers. I have saved many many of them for just this reason
- Cut out letters from Glitter Paper
- Determine that they are lost without some layering behind them!
- Cut circles using the Circle Collection Framelits (3rd from smallest I think) using colors from the DSP pack.
- Determine that that is still not enough.
- Make ‘lollys’.
All the details will come Monday or Tuesday. I’m off for the 3 hour drive to San Francisco airport in a few minutes, to pick up my cousin and bring her to our home for a few weeks. Six hour round trip plus time in the airport and stopping for gas and food. There will be no time for any stamping today!!! She is flying in directly from Frankfurt (Germany) with her trip originating in Iraq. I think she’ll be hungry and tired.
Have a lovely Sunday.