There are times when a “for no special reason other than HI” card is fun to send and even more fun to receive. Today’s card, that we made at the Mi Wuk Library a few weeks ago, is one of those perfect HI cards. I love the “Thanks for Being You” message. It would make anyone’s day.
I have several tips to share with you for this lovely card that features the Sheltering Tree and Crazy About You stamp sets.
TIP: Card measurements:
- Crumb Cake card stock: 11″ x 4-1/4″, scored at 5-1/2″ and folded over
- Early Espresso layer: 3-1/4″ square
- Very Vanilla layer: 3″ square
TIP: Stamping the tree:
- Stamp the basic tree in Early Espresso
- Set the Very Vanilla layer in temporary position on the card front without the Early Espresso layer (you can use a t-i-n-y bit of adhesive to hold it in place) and let some of the leaves stamp off of the Very Vanilla card stock and onto the Crumb Cake card front.
- Stamp the first layer of leaves, using the bigger ‘leaf’ stamp, in Crushed Curry
- Stamp the accents of Tangelo Twist leaves using the small ‘leaf’ stamp
TIP: Stamping the greeting:
- Either stamp the greeting (from the Crazy About You stamp set) on a 3/8″ strip of Crushed Curry card stock or stamp it on a piece of card stock and trim it down to 3/8″.
- Cut out each word using your Paper Snips.
- Attach the words to the card front with Dimensionals
TIP: The embellishing details:
- Stamp the grassy mound using Pear Pizzazz ink, stamped off to lighten the color one shade, and the swoosh image from the Sheltering Tree stamp set. Add the grass with the same color ink.
- Attach the Gold Glimmer punched heart with a Mini Glue Dot.
Check this out:
Add a little mound of grass, some leaves and a rake for a cute little touch inside the card.
I almost forgot to tell you that the Crazy About You stamp set is also available in Clear Mount and Photopolymer as well as in a bundle that includes the Hello You Thinlits for each type of stamp material: wood, clear or photopolymer at a 15% savings.
OK, now it’s time to take half an hour and make a card for a special recipient. Follow up with addressing, adding a postage stamp and mailing the card. Trust me, you will most definitely make someone’s day when you tell them ‘thanks for being you’.