When I saw a star shaped shaker card made by Mary Brown I knew I had to adapt it for my grandson’s 6th birthday. He’s a lego and Spider Man mega aficionado. Here’s Zion’s Spiderman card. I think he’s going to love it.
- Night of Navy – 5″ x 8″ folded, cut using largest Star Framelit. This will allow it to have a folded piece
- Night of Navy – 5″ x 5″, cut using largest Star Framelit, add to front of Night of Navy base so that the front is a full star.
- Real Red – 4″ x 4″, cut out using the 2nd and 3rd largest Star Framelits nested inside each other creating a frame
- Window Sheet – 4″ x 4″, cut out using 2nd to largest star and attach behind frame. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals around the back side of the frame on the Window Sheet to hold the confetti pieces in place.
- Punch out Night of Navy, Real Red and Gold Foil stars using the Star Border Punch. Add to the center of card base then set the star frame/window sheet on top of them. From experience: less confetti is more! Too many pieces and they’ll all just remain in a pile.
I found some Spider Man images on the web, captured one, placed it on a Pages (Word) document and shrunk it down by grabbing a corner and making the image smaller. Print, layer onto another piece of card stock, cut out and finally attach it to the card front.
TIP: Make your envelope using Stampin’ Up!’s Envelope Punch Board. The star points were 5″ apart at the widest points so I looked for a 5″ x 5″ envelope size. Cut card stock to an 8-1/8″ square and proceed per Punch Board instructions.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s card. You can create a shaker card quite easily with Stampin’ Up!’s nested symmetrical framelits: Stars, Starburst, Hearts Collection, Floral Frames Collection*, Banners, Circles Collection, Ovals Collection, Squares Collection, Deco Label Collection, Labels Collection, Window Frames Collection. Don’t be shy! Go for it. Shaker cards are fun to make and even more fun to receive.
Thanks for visiting my StampingWithBlythe blog today. I love creating for my friends (who get the cards or projects) and you, my readers. I look forward so seeing you again tomorrow.
*The Floral Frames Collection is on sale this week via the Weekly Deals (February 10-16, 2015). Save $5.00!