When I make what seems like a ‘simple’ card really it’s a ‘clean and simple’ card. But usually my ‘simple’ has a few pesky steps.
The Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper will be retiring at the end of May so I wanted to use it and show others another way to use it. I like it in smaller strips like the layer on this card.
I also think the Timeless Tags Thinlits Dies are so versatile as well as being a WOW.
The only thing that you can’t really see when it comes to putting this card together is what I did on the solid oval die cut tag before adding the butterfly cut out layer. I used a Sponge Dauber and Pear Pizzazz ink to “smear” ink in a curve under the spot the butterflies lay over. Don’t aim for smooth coverage. I.e., let the coverage be light and dark. I’m sorry I missed (like forgot) taking a photo of that step!
- The HAPPY BIRTHDAY greeting is from the That’s the Tag stamp set.
- The Peekaboo Peach Ruched Ribbon is about 5″ long.
- The White Baker’s Twine is also about 5″ long, wrapped around twice and tied in a knot.
- The finished tag is attached to the card front with two Dimensionals.
- Finally, make six little dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue alongside the Designer Series Paper layer and then attach the die cut butterflies.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s card. If you’d like to order any products to make your own version, please go to my online Stampin’ Up! store here. The Timeless Tags stamp set is so versatile and the Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper just exudes springtime (available while supplies last now that the retiring list has been announced) .