I was thinking as I put Sunday’s Sitting Here card together, how nice it was to be able to pull out this or that accessory to enhance the card.
I always make my first new catalog purchases from “the back of the book”. …..From the section that has all the accessories and embellishments. I find these bits and pieces invaluable to just have on hand:
- ADHESIVES: Snail, Fast Fuse, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Tear & Tape, Stampin’ Dimensionals, and the NEW Foam Adhesive Strips. (<<great for shaker cards!)
- EMBELLISHMENTS: Wink of Stella gold and Silver, Sponges,
- GOTTA HAVE: Stampin’ Scrub and Stampin’ Mist; Envelopes (White, Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Clear-p. 176)
- PERSONAL CHOICES: Ribbons (p. 178-179), Clips, “Jewels”, Sequins (p. 177), Washi Tape (really popular these days! (p. 179)
- NEW TEXTURED EMBOSSING FOLDERS
- NEW PUNCHES
- NEW THINLITS & FRAMELITS
- B.I.G. S.H.O.T.
- StazOn Jet Black Ink & Refill
Then there are lots of others that pretty much depend upon your style or mood:
- Embossing Powders and Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy (p. 181)
- Clear Blocks (p. 183)
When you’re in the mood to splurge:
- Many Marvelous Markers & Case: it holds all color groups (38 stamps) plus the 2 sets of In Colors (10 more). Sooooo convenient!
- Color Caddy to hold all of your stamp pads in one place. TIP: I put a Rubbermade type turntable/spinner underneath mine for easy turning.
When you have some of these tools on hand, you’ll be able to dig right in and make an awesome embellished card. Or, check out this list when getting ready to order a particular stamp set so you have the accent bits you’ll need or want.
Now I’ve got another card to make using my Embossing Buddy, Embossing Powder and Heat Tool. And a new stamp set, Moroccan Nights. Stay tuned.