It’s fun making a special z-fold card for a special person and today’s card was for my son’s birthday (which was last week). A bit of Jason’s history: animal prints are his ‘thing’ and I’ve held on to the now retired Go Wild Designer Series Paper Stack just for him.
Despite how it looks, it’s really a fairly easy card.
- Crumb Cake card stock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and 2-1/8″ – make first fold (4-1/4″ score line) as for a normal card; fold at 2-1/8″ score line back on itself, creating a “z”.
- Go Wild Designer Series Paper Patterns
- zigzag pattern: 5-3/8″ x 2″
- leopard pattern: 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Whisper White card stock: determine this by the size of framelit/stamp set used. Mine are about 3-3/4″ square. Adjust yours to what looks right to you.
- Basic Black accent layer: 1/8″ smaller on two sides than the Whisper White base layer
- Whisper White layer: 1/8″ smaller on two sides than Basic Black layer
Here’s my big tip for this card:
It took me two tries to properly die cut the Happy Birthday Thinlit with the adhesive backing on the right side!
Now it’s your turn to try a z-fold card. You can change the Designer Series Paper, the greeting, the thinlit or framelit and have a card that’s totally yours. Be sure to go to my online Stampin’ Up! store for any supplies you need for your card. And if you don’t already have a demonstrator I’ll love it if you’d select me as your new demonstrator. I’m always at the ready to help you with questions and guidance.