You guessed it! Today’s sample is a fun Halloween card created by Phyllis Strickland from Pennsylvania. Is that a Covid-19 type mask or just a trick-or-treat type mask??? I’m sorry to say that Phyllis used a retired embossing folder, the Spider Web.
Card Stock Measurements:
- Gorgeous Grape card stock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded creating card front
- Basic Black card stock: 5-1/4″ x 4″
- run through your die cutting machine* using the retired Spider Web embossing folder
- Whisper White card stock: scraps for die cutting the 2-7/16″ circle and smallest oval dies using the Stitched Shapes Dies and another scrap for the masked owl.
- Gray Granite card stock: run through die cutting machine* using the Pinewood Plands 3D embossing folder
- Black Glitter Paper: scraps for die cutting the 2-7/16″ circle using the Stitched Shapes Dies
- After die cutting the Basic Black card stock, swipe over the spider web using the Whisper White Craft pad.
- Stamp the masked owl on the Whisper White card stock and color in using the blends for the owl and crescent moon. Pick up color from the lid of the Gorgeous Grape stamp pad using the Water Painters. To get the color into the lid of the stamp pad, either squeeze the top and bottom together when the pad is closed or place a few drops from the Gorgeous Grape ink refill bottle. Smear the ink around in the lid, test it on grid or scrap paper and then color in the mask.
- Assemble the layers as shown in the image above since it’s pretty straight forward.
(*) Remember…..Stampin’ Up’s very own die cutting machine, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, 149653, $120, will be available on September 1, 2020! YEAH! You can check it out on page 13 of the Holiday Mini. A ‘mini’ version will also be available on September 1st. Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, 150673, $60, page 21 of the Holiday Mini. More details to come in the next few days.