My very first, gotta have it, stamp set in the new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog was the Beautiful World cling stamp set. Actually I had to have the entire World of Good Suite of products. Since I was in elementary school I have loved geography. Everything about it, cultural and physical but especially maps. And globes. My major in college was Geography. Had I gone on into a career I would have chosen cartography, inspired by the USGS (United States Geological Survey) facility located in Menlo Park CA, not too far from where I lived. But that wasn’t to be. I chose to be a Domestic Engineer instead.
Today I finally created time to play with some of my new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog products. The best part of the World of Good Suite and the bit that will probably be used more than anything else in my arsenal: the Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder. It creates such amazing texture. Check it out:
Here is my first attempt at a card made with the Beautiful World stamp set.
And here’s how I put my card together:
- Whisper White Thick card stock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″, folded and burnished (rubbed firmly but gently)
- Terracotta card stock: 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″; run through the Big Shot using the Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder
- Pattern of World of Good Specialty DSP: 3″ x 4-3/4″
- Misty Moonlight card stock: 3″ square scrap for die cutting
- Mossy Meadow card stock: 3″ square scrap for die cutting
- Gold Foil: 2-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ scrap for die cutting globe stand and scrolled accent piece
- Whisper White card stock: 4″ x 4″ scrap for stamping greeting and feather
- Night of Navy Classic Ink (which will be Misty Moonlight when my pad arrives): stamp the greeting on the Whisper White card stock
- Terracotta Classic Ink: stamp feather – see TIP below.
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue for attaching all layers to card front
- Dimensionals for attaching punched greeting
- TIP: using Whisper White card stock and Terracotta ink, stamped off on scrap paper 3 times, stamp the feather over the stamped and punched piece and a second feather (also stamped off two or three times) on another part of the Whisper White scrap. Die cut that second feather and then slip it behind the punched piece so it lines up as one feather. Attach to card front using Dimensionals.
Stampin’ Up! has been international for a number of years now and I love the words in this German set of Wunderbare Welt — Beautiful World. “Die Welt ist nicht perfekt”. The world is not perfect. So true. So sad.
Will you be placing a stamping order today? If yes (or even maybe) please hop on over to my Stampin’ Up! Online Store, and — if you don’t already have a demonstrator with whom you work — sign in or open an ‘account’, choosing me (thank you) as your demonstrator. Thank you so much for supporting a small business owner!
* Shop Stampin’ Up! in Blythe’s Store * Like my Facebook Page * Follow me on Pinterest * Join Paper Pumpkinand play along * Shop Stampin’ Up!’s Clearance Rack and save up to 60% * Join My Country Loft Team