Believe it or not, to my great chagrin, I frequently overlook my very good friend’s anniversary. It’s in early January and I’m usually still recovering from the holidays. Plus Stampin’ Up!’s Leadership Conference has been in mid-January. There’s just lots going on in January–including a new Occasionas Catalog and Sale-a-Bration. So those are my lame excuses.
But this year I saw a card that really inspired me, made by fellow stamper Mary Brown. First thing I thought upon seeing it was my friends’ anniversary. I adapted her card, making it my own and making it the perfect card for my needs.
And guess what? The most technical tools needed for this card are a Paper Trimmer (you need that for all cards) and a Bone Folder! The ONE stamp set needed is from the new 2016 Occasions Catalog: Birthday Blooms, available in both wood and clear mount.
Cutting instructions and other tips:
- Whisper White thick card stock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded; stamp large flower image with Basic Black Archival ink on front, leaving space for card stock strips (as shown in photos)
- Whisper White regular card stock: scrap: using Basic Black Archival ink, stamp large flower image, concentrating of the flower center. Cut out only the flower center. Set aside.
- Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack: using the black/white striped sheet, cut a piece 5-1/2″ x 1″; attach it to lower front of card front using Snail Adhesive.
- Crushed Curry card stock scrap: cut out 2 strips, 5-1/2″ x 3/8″; attach one strip to the top and the other to the bottom of the card front (as shown in photos) using small dots of Liquid Multipurpose Glue.
- Using a Bone Folder, curl the tips of the cut out flower petals. Attach over stamped image on card front with three Dimensionals. That gives the flower a nice firm positioning.
- Color stamens with Crushed Curry Stampin’ Marker. When dry (momentarily) ‘color’ again with the Clear Wink of Stella Marker.
- Using Crushed Curry ink, randomly stamp the small dots image around the card front.
- Using Basic Black archival ink, stamp the greeting of your choice. I carefully added an ‘s’ to the “Dear Friend” stamp to imply that the card is for the married couple.
Thinking about how you could use this card for FREE Sale-a-Bration benefits?
Birthday Blooms $19 (clear mount) $27 (wood mount)
Neutrals Paper Stack $22 $22
Wink of Stella $ 8 $ 8
Dimensionals $ 4
TOTAL $53 $57
TIME TO CHOOSE A FREE SALE-A-BRATION ITEM
If you don’t have your Sale-a-Bration brochure yet, you can check it out here or request one from me!
If you’d like any of the items to recreate this card (or just any supplies at all actually), send me an email or even give me a call (in my banner at the top of the page) or go directly to my Stampin’ Up! store to place you order. You must have an anniversary coming up. 🙂