As a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I receive a monthly magazine called Stampin’ Success. I actually have allllllll of mine since becoming a demo in 1996 and wow has the publication improved over the years!
As I thumbed through the June 2005 issue, it became quickly apparent that what goes around does indeed come around. Here are some of the highlights from June 2005 – only 11 years ago.
- Frogs, dots and butterflies were big.
- Waterfall cards were hot.
- Scrapbooking was hot. Sara was making a scrapbook for her dad.
- The Stamp-a-ma-jig was a ‘go-to’ tool even then.
- Stampin’ Up! was already providing quality training and support on the Demo website.
- More Mustard, Brocade Blue, Sage Shadow, Taken with Teal and French Blue colors were “in”.
- Swirly Bird patterns decorated the magazine.
- A mini catalog was about to be launched.
- Demonstrators were phoning in their orders to Demonstrator Support.
- Craft organization was a key issue for demonstrators and stampers even then, so much that President Jerry Day related his experience about completing a craft room for his wife. Somewhere back then there was a stamp, that Jerry talked about so it was in this time period, that said “HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE”.
- Stampin’ Up! was just beginning to expand into ‘foreign language’ realms: Stampin’ Up! Canada was about to expand into French-speaking Quebec – Stampin’ Up!’s first adventure into a non-English speaking area.
- The beautiful Riverton campus (visitor center, business offices, warehouse and distribution center) was about to open!
I just went through the photos on my computer and came to the realization that I’ve pulled the SU! convention photos off so I couldn’t find a Riverton photo or a few others I wanted to share. So sad. Now my job is to locate the discs I burned them too and that won’t be happening today!!!
For the remaining days of June Stampin’ Up! is offering two free stamp sets when you sign on to be a demonstrator! I love FREE.
Every new recruit who joins my team this month will get two FREE stamp sets in their Starter Kit. That’s an added value of up to $104 USD depending on which stamps you choose.
- Bundles and kits cannot be selected as free stamp sets for this promotion.
- Promotion Deadlines: Your paperwork must be submitted online or by fax by the times below in order to receive free stamps.
- Fax: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 6:50 PM (MT).
- Online IDA: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT).
If you’ve been thinking about becoming a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, whether hobby type (for the discount) or business directed, like I try to be, then seriously consider signing up now. I’d love to have you on my team. Distance isn’t an issue since except for one team member, all members are well over 100 miles away.
You can check out the details here. Just think, with time you too can have a collection of Stampin’ Success publications. They’re full of tips and creative ideas. I even made it into the last issue of Stampin’ Success!!!
Again, I’d love to have you join my team!