Stamping with friends at our little local library is so much fun and say Boo to You yesterday was no exception.
There were eleven mellow stampers present for stamping, three of whom were brand new to me and to stamping. And everyone left with perfectly lovely cards to send to their special/lucky recipients.
I make two samples to set on each side of the tables so stampers can see what they’re making. Then I hand out the supplies, tucked in to the mailing envelope. And then we work our way around the tables, step by step, with the tools, stamps and ink pads. I supply enough adhesive for either each stamper or for two stampers to share.
Since I didn’t purchase a Halloween stamp set or the darned cute Patterned Pumpkins Thinlits dies this year, I was counting on using a few retired Halloween sets. I could not find them and think that, when I cleaned deep in my retired stamp sets, I let them go to new homes. ARGH! So I had to do some very creative use of supplies that I do have.
Boo to You Supplies
- Pumpkin Pie card stock: 11″ x 4-14″, scored at 5-1/2
- Very Vanilla card stock: 4″ x 2-3/4″
- Spooky Night Designer Series Paper: 3-7/8″ x 2-5/8″
- Large Letter Framelits: “B”
- Layering Ovals Framelits: second to smallest oval
- Flourishing Thinlits: largest image – cut off bits and pieces and secure over pumpkin bases with Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Fox Builder Punch: little piece that’s under the tail on the punch for the pumpkin top
- 1/8″ Circle Punch: white of the eye
- 1/4″ Circle Punch: black eye and nose (cut in half)
Here are a few of the variations made yesterday:
Tomorrow I’ll share our other card, similar yet totally different. If you need any supplies for today’s card just click on the supply images above to be taken right to my Stampin’ Up! store. Be sure to email me (in the banner above) with any questions. 🙂
I wish you a Boo-tiful day. Boo to You!