I’m hooked on Mystery Monday Stamping mornings with Sharon Armstrong*, a fun stamper from the heart of Texas. After making the first card, which was a total mystery, following step-by-step until it was completed, I found myself addicted to the spotlight card. Mind you, it’s not perfect, but it’s a prototype for the next cards I made. I was hooked on the format and trying this stamp set or that stamp set.
My next cards:
Another thing I learned as I was looking at my finished cards……..to follow the spotlighting format, only color in the 2″ x 2″ image! So I created another Ornate Style card just for my own personal comparison.
I do like the clean and tidy look of these cards. Here are the cutting instructions:
- Basic White Thick card stock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded in half
- Basic White card stock: 3-3/4″ x 5″ and another at 2″ x 2″
- Basic Black card stock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ and another at 2-1/8″ x 2-1/8″
- An outline stamp that you can color
- Coloring tools such as Markers, Stampin’ Blends and/or Watercolor Pencils
- Memento Black ink (Stampin’ Blends) or StazOn ink (markers or pencils)
- Adhesive of choice
Stamp sets I used:
- Dragonfly Garden (2021 January – June Mini Catalog)
- Woodland Wonder (2021 January – June Mini Catalog)
- Ornate Style (2020-2021 Annual Catalog)
- Beautiful Moments (2020-2021 Annual Catalog)
- Here’s a Card (2020-2021 Annual Catalog)
- Stamp the (large) outline stamp on the two Basic White pieces of card stock with the appropriate black ink. You will NOT be coloring the larger image!
- Attach the 4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Basic Black card stock to the Whisper White Thick card front
- Attach the Basic White stamped layer to that layer
- Color the image you stamped onto the 2″ x 2″ piece of Basic White card stock. Attach this layer to the small Basic Black layer. Attach these layers to the card front with Dimensionals, over the larger stamped image, creating a spotlight.
- Add any embellishments of your choice.
Check out the different positioning of the spotlighted layers:
If you’re interested in purchasing any of the products used for today’s cards, please click here to go directly to my Stampin’ Up! online store. And be sure to use February’s Host Code if your order is under $150. I’ll send you a little gift at the end of the month. If you order is over $150 then be sure to use the reward $$ you have earned.
Don’t forget that February is the last month of 2021’s SALE-A-BRATION event, Stampin’ Up!’s time to shower us with free limited edition stamps with each $50 order. Click here and here to review the offered products and here if you have a larger order or a workshop order that’s over $300!
*Mystery Monday Stamping