September 13th, today, is our anniversary. (24 years) We were married in our back yard in California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains in Mi Wuk Village, our awesome “little cabin in the woods”. In 1997.
We miss our trees (our property bordered the Stanislaus National Forest) so when I remember, I try to have a tree in the card I create for Russ.
Russ isn’t fussy about whether the products used to create his card are current or retired. Actually he doesn’t even have a clue if they’re current or retired! Here’s what I used this time:
- Card Front: Mango Melody, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and burnished with a Bone Folder.
- 1st layer: Cajun Craze: 5-1/4″ x 4″; run this layer through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Bark 3D Embossing Folder. Attach to card front.
- 2nd layer: Pretty Peacock (retired): 4″ x 2-1/2″;
- Plaid layer: Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper: 4″ x 2-1/4″;
- wrap crumb cake ribbon of choice around these layers; attach all to “bark” layer.
- Stamped Basic White Layer: Stamp the tree using Cajun Craze ink (Clear Block E); stamp leaves using both Mango Melody and Cajun Craze inks (Clear Block G); stamp greeting using Cajun Craze ink (clear block C).
- Sponge around the greeting layer using Cajun Craze ink and the Stamping Sponge (cut a sponge into 6 wedges)
- Attach greeting layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach die cut Gold Glimmer paper leaf to greeting layer.
- BIG TIP: squirt a dime size ‘plop’ of Multipurpose Adhesive onto a silicon pad or plate or piece of waxed paper or foil. Gently tap a sponge wedge on this plop of glue end gently pat onto back side of leaf. Attach leaf to greeting layer. Rinse your sponge out as soon as possible after this process.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you’ll try creating a birthday or anniversary card in a similar style. If you decide to purchase any of the items used today, or just to place an order in general, please go to my Stampin’ Up! Online Store here or click on any individual item shown above. If your order is under $150, please use this host code when prompted: 2S3MUEUF I’ll be sending a small gift to those who use it at the end of the month. And if your order is over $150, you will have earned host(ess) rewards of your own so be sure to utilize them.
I’ll be sharing another totally different anniversary (or birthday or just hello) card tomorrow. It’s so nice to be in my stampin’ studio (aka stolen bedroom) multiple days in a row. I hope you enjoy the results as well.