Hi you all,
The following is an invitation, in detail, to join a Mega Swap and stock yourselves up with Christmas Card ideas. If you have any questions, please ask. SUDSOL is something you might think about for your stamping businesses, whether you’re a hobby stamper or a biz stamper.
HERE YOU GO……………
From Swap Hostess Jennie Dietrich:
Okay… here is my weekly post… I am now opening this up to ALL demonstrators (not just SUDSOL) but I will still post everything we get to SUDSOL. With luck we may gain a few new members this way. Please tell your downline, your sister demonstrators, etc… Let them see what SUDSOL swaps have to offer. Ask me about it if you’re interested. AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS about the swap, please ask as well.
MEGA CHRISTMAS CARD SWAP
Some of you will remember my “famous” Mega Christmas Card Swap. The last one was in 2012 with more than 75 people participating in the swap. For those that are new, it is open to EVERYONE (focused on demonstrators) and it is “mega”…. I will do only 1 round this year. I don’t think I have the “ability” to manage multiple rounds as I have in years past, so respond quickly. BUT read all the instructions below before you respond
It is time to put together a GREAT collection of Christmas Cards to share with your customers and friends. No one loves all the sets in the catalog, but there is always that customer out there whose taste in stamp sets doesn’t match yours, SO, let’s broaden our collections and have something for everyone. This is a UNIQUE swap which I have hosted for many years. You will get ONE card front of all the Christmas sets in the catalog. GOAL: Something for everyone
From the sets in the Christmas section of the catalog or holiday catalog (I have included a list of the remaining sets below); send an email with at least 3 you would like to try. I will fill the sets on a first come first served basis. I will let you know if all three of the sets you have selected are already taken and allow you to select again, but this swap fills very fast (this is my 10th year) and the best plan is to pick a unique set to use since fewer people are likely to select it.
* The selected set must be used as the focal point.
* Each swap must be made of 100% SU materials that can be found in the current catalogs.
* Each swap must have at least two layers, prefer three.
* Each swap must be embellished with the use of at least one accessory.
* Each swap must come with the “recipe” for making it attached to the back
* Each swap must be inside a Ziploc bag (or two) in order to avoid damage in shipping. They do not need to be individually placed in clear envelopes, but if you have lots of pieces which might snag on each other, this is advisable.
SWAP HOSTESS: Jennie Dietrich (512-699-5606)
SWAP ADDRESS: 9803 Lantana, San Antonio, Texas 78217
SWAP EMAIL: email@example.com
CARD FRONTS, ALL + 1 full card. IF all sets are selected (as in years past) you are signing up to make 48 card fronts plus one full card. The swap will NOT return to you one of your own card fronts.
The full card will be given to the local nursing home after I have scanned it. The full card should NOT have the recipe attached, but please do put a copy inside so that I have it to enter the information.
September 8, 2018. Items not postmarked by the 8th and/or not received by the swap out date will be returned to the sender. You must email the swap coordinator when you have mailed your swaps out. If you live in a rural area where mail moves slower, please allow plenty of time for it to be received.
SWAP OUT START:
September 12, 2018. A swap this large often takes more time to get swapped and packaged to be mailed back. So don’t start looking for it prior to September 20th.
* I will be using the US Postal Service PRIORITY Flat Rate envelopes. History has taught me that this is the only way to go.
* If you are from Canada or other location, send your swap with the appropriate International envelope with the appropriate postage and customs forms already attached.
* Your swap MUST arrive with a priority flat rate stamp and appropriate address label for a flat rate PRIORITY envelope in a ziploc bag with the full card.
* With a swap this large, I can not stop to search for missing stamps but I will go to the post office and collect a large number of the envelopes so that you do not have to ship me a priority envelope.
OPEN TO OTHER DEMONSTRATORS: Yes
NOTES: All of the card fronts submitted will be scanned for the SUDSOL sample database, so make sure to label your cards with your name and card recipe (stating ALL items used). Otherwise I will be unable to give proper credit, given the size of the swap.
As always, please use demonstration quality work, with layers and embellishments.
Don’t forget to email me with the set you selected at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stamp Sets (still) available for 2018 Mega Christmas Card Swap as of August 9,2018:
Stamp Set – page
Alpine Adventure H-11
Angels on Earth H-26
At Home With You 56
Beautiful Baubles H-10
Beautiful Blizzard H-39
Cambridge Carols H-40
Christmas Traditions Punch Box H-2
Farmhouse Christmas H-13
Feathers & Frost H-30
Great Joy H-22
His Light H-26
Homemade Kindness H-31
Hung with Care H-55
I’ll Be Home H-31
Joy & Noel H-14
Labels to Love 103
Making Christmas Bright H-7
Making Every Day Bright (Christmas themed) H-47
Many Blessings (Christmas themed) H-46
Merry Christmas to All H-5
Nature Sings 99
Nothing Sweeter H-25
Ready for Christmas 102
Seasonal Chums (no pumpkins) 103
Snowflake Sentiments 100
Stylish Christmas 101
Timeless Tidings H-33
Wishing You Well H-35
Stampin’Up! Independent Demonstrator