This year’s plan (you can giggle here) is to design a birthday card for the month and then make several rather than “re-inventing the wheel” for each card. I combined my January card with a challenge* to use two Embossing Folders for one card.
- Basic White Thick Card Stock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded in half; burnish (firmly press over the fold crease) with a Bone Folder.
- Basic White Card Stock: 5-1/4″ x 4″ – run through Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Painted Texture Embossing Folder; attach to card front using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Basic White Card Stock: 4-1/4″ x 3″ – die cut using the 4th from largest rectangle die
- Stamp flower stem using Garden Green Classic Ink
- Stamp two flower images using Poppy Parade Classic Ink. The design of the stamps will create the proper color intensities! Rather awesome.
- Stamp birthday greeting (or greeting of your choice) using Basic Gray Classic Ink over the bottom of the stem. Attach to previous layer using 5 Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach Basic Rhinestone as shown–or as desired!
Your card is done except for whatever you’d like to stamp or write inside. Consider stamping an image from the stamp set onto your envelope.
As an aside, I’ve signed up to join the Winter 2022 Creativate Retreat* that takes place on January 22nd. Each week prior to the actual retreat, the presenters are offering a challenge to participants. The card above (and below) is my response to Challenge #1.
*The Winter 2022 Creativate Retreat (January 22nd) is open to all stampers, not just Stampin’ Up! demonstrators or customers. Feel free to check out the details here. If you do decide to join in, let me know. It’s $45 for an ALL DAY intense stamping lalapalooza presented by four high achieving SU! demonstrators: Brandy Cox, Jackie Bolhuis, Connie Stewart and Sharon Armstrong. You’ll get detailed PDFs (you print them) for every project and lifetime access to all the videos. We can hand-hold or chat throughout the Retreat Day if you want.
Back to today’s card….. You can click on any supply image to be taken directly to my Stampin’ Up! store if you’re interested in looking closer at it or purchasing it. This month’s Host Code is FBEMJFUR. At the end of the month I’ll be sending a little something to each person who purchases through my website during the month.
Thank you for supporting this small business owner. It is so much appreciated. And if you’d be interested in becoming a demonstrator (in any capacity: hobby stamper who wants her/his supplies at 20%-25% off OR business growth stamper. Or you can run your biz your way with one major requirement: Each full quarter after signing up, you sell or purchase $300 worth of product. We can talk if you’re interested. I’ve been a demo since April of 1996 and I just run my business ‘my way’…..loving what I’m doing, offering classes, posting a blog post as often as physically possible and just, again, loving what I’m doing.
Going live on Tuesday, January 4th: the new January – June Mini Catalog and, January/February the return of Sale-a-Bration. For every $50 in purchases (before tax and shipping of course) you can select an item from Sale-a-Bration brochure. On January 4th, there will be PDFs for each catalog/brochure on my Stampin’ Up! website. I’d also be happy to send you a hard copy if you send me an email (Blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com <<<capital letters not necessary) with mailing info and if you don’t already have a Stampin’ Up! demo with whom you work/collaborate. It’s only fair for both of us.
Enough for today. Go have some time-out and stamp for awhile. You’ll be glad you did.
* Shop Stampin’ Up! in Blythe’s Store * Like my Facebook Page * Follow me on Pinterest * Join Paper Pumpkin and play along * Shop Stampin’ Up!’s Clearance Rack and save up to 60% * Join My Country Loft Team