Today at our local Community Center ‘my’ stampers created one of these lovely gentle cards:
It’s really quite easy.
Card Front: Very Vanilla Thick card stock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″, folded (away from the “valley” score line) and burnished (rubbed firmly) with a Bone Folder.
First Layer: Soft Sea Foam card stock: 5-1/4″ x 4″
– Attach to card front using adhesive of your choice. I’ve been using “green glue” lately, also known as Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Quick, easy, forgiving.
Second Layer: Very Vanilla card stock: 5″ x 3-3/4″
– Dry Emboss this layer using the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Tool and the 3D Dandelion Embossing Folder.
– I marked my Embossing Folder with removable tape so I could know exactly where to position my card stock so the embossed images would be off to the left side:
Greeting: Use Soft Sea Foam classic ink to stamp your greeting on the right edge of the 1″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Very Vanilla card stock.
– Use Banners Pick-a-Punch to nip a flag out of the right side of the greeting piece.
Flip the punch over and ensure yourself that the card stock is butted up against the end of the punch area.
– Wrap the left end of the greeting with a coordinating 6″ piece of ribbon* and tie in a knot. Trim ends.
– Attach layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Bling: Add embellishments of your choice onto the greeting strip. All done!
- I used White 1/4″ Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon that I dyed using the Soft Sea Foam Classic Ink pad and Soft Sea Foam Marker. Do this ahead of time and set it aside to dry completely.
TIP: This White 1/4″ Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon should be a staple in your stampin’ stash. When I don’t have the right color ribbon for a project it’s a definite “go to” for dyeing with the color I need.
The stamp sets used for the greetings are at the bottom of the Product List below.
This is really a simple card. Change it up with another embossing folder and different colors of card stock. Let your imagination run wild.
Consider placing your envelope into the 3D Dandelion die and running it through the embossing machine.
Will you be placing an order today? If yes, and if you don’t already have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator with whom you work/play, please consider shopping in my Stampin’ Up! Store. Just click on any product image above to go directly to my store. When you do, please use the monthly hostess code, SPXXUFNF, when prompted at checkout to earn free products from me. If your order is $150 or more, no need to add the code so you can earn your own hostess rewards! Thank you so much for supporting this small business owner!