Mocha Morning Designer Series Paper that is! 🙂
Yesterday, at our Little Library in the Woods, here in Mi Wuk Village, CA, we made this charming card. And huge thanks goes to my sister and fellow demonstrator, Janet, for helping me with the idea. My brain was not cooperating with me when it came to planning.
This is really an easy card. I have to confess right here that I could not locate my 1-3/8" circle punch yesterday. I really wanted a layer of Soft Suede between the Basic Black scallop circle and the Very Vanilla stamped piece. So, instead, I sponged the edges to get that Soft Suede color layer.
- STAMP SET: Lovely Letters Alphabet
- CARD STOCK:
- Basic Black: 5-3/8" X 4-1/8"
- Soft Suede: 8-1/2" X 5-1/2"
- Very Vanilla: 5-1/4" X 2-1/8" (TIP: cut a piece to 5-1/4 x 4-1/4, run it through the Big Shot with the Finial Press Folder, and then cut it in half, thus prepping for two cards at one time)
- Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper: 2" x 5-1/4"
- INK: Soft Suede
- ACCESSORIES: Crumb Cake 1/2" Seam Binding (7")*, punches: 1-1/4" circle, 1-3/8" circle, 1-3/4" scallop circle, Gold Smooch ® Pearlized Accent Ink (p. 203, 2011-12 Idea Book & Catalog), Snail adhesive, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Finial Press Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
TIP: For seam binding, layer the 2 different card stocks onto the Basic Black card stock, then wrap seam binding around the pieces, over the seam, and secure, with SNAIL adhesive on the back side. Then attach this Basic Black layer to the card front.
I hope you enjoy this basic card. If you have any questions, please let me know but I think it's pretty much a follow the bouncing ball type of card. Just start from the bottom layer up in recreating it. Reuse the template to change up colors, ribbons and the sentiment for any occasion.
I'll be back tomorrow with another great (I hope) idea to share with you. It's great for me to be back in the rhythm of posting! 🙂