Mystery Stamping with Sharon Armstrong is always an unknown. Pretty precise instructions but only one’s imagination on how to implement them! Today’s instructions came via YouTube, a change from the previously used FaceBook. Henceforth it will be YouTube.
We started out with five pieces of one print of Designer Series Paper.
- 1″ x 1″
- 1″ x 2-1/2″
- 1″ x 3-3/4″
- 2-1/2″ x 2″
- 2-1/2″ x 1-3/4″
Then colored card stock to coordinate with the Designer Series Paper (DSP), 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded, creating the card front.
Finally, Basic White card stock, 5-1/4″ x 4″ and a scrap for greeting
- dies or punches
- Upper left corner, place 1″ x 1″ DSP. Do NOT glue yet
- Below 1″ x 3-3/4″ piece…..vertically
- Upper right corner and below, place the 2-1/2″ wide pieces in any order desired.
- Glue once you like the positions.
- Now take this piece and run it through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine with the Embossing Folder of your choice.
- Stamp a greeting on Basic White card stock and punch or die cut as desired.
- Attach to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add bling as or if desired
Here’s my card. Mind you, I chose a DSP that I had not used at all as a challenge to myself. Also, not having a clue in what direction the card would be going, I wanted to choose a pattern that would work in some positive manner and not be too restrictive. Yes, my card is quite simplistic but it’s not at all a reject!
I’m anxious to try this project again with another pattern of DSP. And again, I’m going to challenge myself and use the Pansy Petals pack once more. I love pansies, they have a special meaning to me relating to my grandfather, but sadly this DSP and coordinating stamp set haven’t spoken very loudly to me. I will persevere!
- Stampin’ Up!’s CLEARANCE RACK has been updated and they’ve hinted that some surprises are in store.
I’ll be back Monday with another fun stamping experience.
* Shop Stampin’ Up! in Blythe’s Store * Like my Facebook Page * Follow me on Pinterest * Join Paper Pumpkinand play along * Shop Stampin’ Up!’s Clearance Rack and save up to 60% * Join My Country Loft Team