Are you confused? My son-in-law is a St. Valentine’s Day baby. He and my daughter celebrate his birthday usually the weekend before or the weekend after Valentine’s Day, leaving the actual Valentine’s Day as its own special day.
I’m rather excited about his totally non-Valentine card for this year’s birthday:
There are some fun details to help you recreate this card:
- Card front: Crushed Curry cardstock, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded
- Layer: Carried Away Designer Series Paper , 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″, from Sale-a-Bration – FREE with a $50 purchase (before tax and shipping)
- Left hot air balloon: Crushed Curry card stock embellished with Fine Tip Glue Pen
- Right hot air balloon: Flirty Flamingo card stock die cut balloon with Blushing Bride card stock background layer. Trace the framelit on the Blushing Bride card stock and cut inside the lines
- Greeting: Crushed Curry class ink stamped on Whisper White card stock and then die cut using the Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits. This piece was mounted on the card front using Dimensionals.
- Add a Rhinestone Basic Jewel on either end of the greeting.
More than perfect inside greeting:
What I used in today’s card:
Today’s masculine birthday card, for someone born on Valentine’s Day, is a nice change for the recipient. And just think, if you purchased the Lift Me Up Bundle in wood mount you can choose the Carried Away Designer Series Paper for the lovely price of $FREE. If you prefer clear mount, then consider adding some adhesive to reach $50 so you can choose that great Carried Away paper. But only if that’s what you want! 🙂 Check it all out in my online Stampin’ Up! store right here.
Coming on February 21st: A few more Sale-a-Bration items for you to choose from.