That this has been a crazy unpredictable 2020 is an understatement. When I saw this card, created by Denise MacCabe from New South Wales, Australia, I knew I had to recreate it. First off, my major in college was geography and I’m a softy when it comes to anything map/globe related. Secondly, the word PEACE on the card front just said it all. Take a deep breath and focus on the word peace.
This card is actually pretty easy. Stampin’ Up!’s newly released Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine makes the process a breeze. It. Is. Awesome!!! I used it for the Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder, World Map dies and retired Christmas Greetings Thinlits dies.
Measurements and Tips:
- Whisper White Thick card stock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded in half, creating card front
- Whisper White card stock: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″; run through Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Dainty Diamonds 3D embossing folder; attach to Misty Moonlight card stock using the adhesive of your choice. I used the Multipurpose Liquid Glue because I was using it for other parts of the card. I.e., it was convenient.
- Misty Moonlight:
- 3-3/4″ x 5″; attach to card front using 9 Stampin’ Dimensionals
- 1-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ scrap for die cutting PEACE
- 2″ square scrap for die cutting the circle from the World Map Dies set.
- Gold Foil: 4″ x 2″ scrap for die cutting the two hemispheres; attach to Misty Midnight circle and inside of card using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (aka “green glue”)
- When attaching the two ‘hemispheres’ and the word ‘peace’ use tiny dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue (aka “green glue”)
- Make a bow using the Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon and attach to card front using a Glue Dot. Push center of bow firmly on the Glue Dot and gently remove from the roll.
- I make my bow pretty much like I would tie my shoe laces: Make two ‘bunny ears’, lay one over the other, push it through the ‘hole’, pull the ends and finally balance the bow and pull the tails tightly to secure the bow. I had to take the photos while engaging both hands in making the bow so…..I apologize for all the background entertainment!
In addition to the message of the word PEACE I also love this year’s In Color, Misty Moonlight. It’s a ‘peaceful’ shade of blue. 🙂
This card gives me a peaceful feeling just looking at it. Most likely this will be the card Russ and I send out this year.
Be sure to check out the newly released Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine if you haven’t already. The platforms fold up for compact carrying and traveling. It’s sturdy. You only have to pass your die through the machine in one direction, i.e. just once, to get a full cut of the image. I purchased mine because I feel I really need to try a product before I recommend it to my stampin’ customers. Bottom line: W-I-N-N-E-R! I love it.
If you’ll be placing an order for any of the supplies used for today’s card, don’t forget to add Whisper White Medium Envelopes. You’ll be very glad you have them on hand when ready to send your cards out!