Today we have a guest stamper, Janet Smith, fellow Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and my sister! She was asked if she could create a pool and Father’s Day card for someone and this is what she came up with. I think it’s pretty awesome.
Main products Janet used:
Card stock color scraps used for the billiard balls and cue stick:
A few TIPS from Janet:
- Basic Black card front: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Emerald Green layer: 5-1/4″ x 4″
- “pockets” punched with the 1/2″ circle punch
- Pool balls: punched with 1/2″ circle punch
- colored layer on balls punched out with 1/2″ circle punch and then little bits were punched (nipped) out from each circle creating the ‘stripes’.
- ball numbers are the eyes from the Owl Builder Punch
- Cue Stick: skinny strip of Crumb Cake with a little scrap of Basic Black card stock; tip of cue stick was colored with Chalk Marker.
- Happy Father’s Day greeting was from the May 2014 (yes really) Paper Pumpkin kit. There’s one in the May 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit as well.
I don’t think there’s much doubt that this card is celebrating dad’s pool table skills. And it was made just for him….. a special dad’s Pool and Father’s Day Card. What do you think??? If you’ve made a special card that you’d like shared with many, send it to me via email (email@example.com) along with a few stamping tips. You’ll receive full attribution and lots of smiles from readers.