The other day I came upon an idea that inspired my cards below. It used a solid piece of Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper (DSP) enhanced with a die cut label, an added greeting and piece of twine.
This is the piece of DSP I used. When I first saw this print I thought hmmmmm….how will I used this piece? Upside-down? Upside-right? I would have no problem using the flip side which is gorgeous intensities of Old Olive ink. But, this pattern seems to have been designed to be used as card layers.
No, it’s not really upside-down..….
Here is the assortment of my incredibly quick and easy yet beautiful and versatile cards:
I used these products to create my card:
I only needed stamp sets for the variety of greetings that were added to the die cut labels. I slipped the twine through the end holes in the labels and tied it in a bow. Labels are attached to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Card stock measurements:
- Whisper White Thick: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic Black: 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Designer Paper: 5-1/4″ x 4″
Cutting TIP: Line your DSP (Designer Series Paper) up so that you cut through the flowers, top to bottom, three 4″ wide strips. Rotate 90 degrees ensuring that the green grassy area will be at the bottom and cut at 5-1/4″. Repeat for the remain pieces of DSP. Bottom line, you want the grass at the bottom of each piece. You’ll end up with six pieces to be used as layers (4″ x 5-1/4″) for six cards. You’ll have a funky remnant from the center of the sheet of DSP.
- Attach the Basic Black card stock layer to the Whisper White Thick card front base using the adhesive of your choice. (I used the Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue)
- Attach the Designer Series Paper layer to the Basic Black layer, also using the adhesive of your choice.
- Die cut the label of your choice using Whisper White card stock. Stamp your greeting on this piece using either Memento Black or Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink.
- Weave a piece, about 10″, of twine though the end of the label and tie a bow. Attach to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Will you be placing an online order today? If so, please use the monthly hostess code when prompted at checkout to earn free products from me. If your order is $150 or more, no need to add the code—you will earn your own hostess rewards by just following the prompts on the ordering page! Thank you so much for supporting this small business owner.
* Shop Stampin’ Up! in Blythe’s Store * Like my Facebook Page * Follow me on Pinterest * Join Paper Pumpkinand play along * Shop Stampin’ Up!’s Clearance Rack and save up to 60% * Join My Country Loft Team