A friend and neighbor asked if I could make a congratulatory card for her friend who had earned a very special music degree in Canada. She’s one of five who have reached this achievement.
When I thought I was ‘finished’ I knew I really wasn’t. Something was lacking. In the flowers. I forgot to add the stamen to each flower and what a difference that little pop of Crumb Cake ink made.
I selected the card front base based on the colors used in the Moroccan Designer Series Paper. And I chose that particular paper based on the music pattern that I found in the retired This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper. I saved the remnants of that pack just for the music pattern.
- Card front: Emerald Envy card stock, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded in half
- Layer 1: Crumb Cake card stock, 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Layer 2: Music print This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper (retired), 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Banner 1: 1″ x 3-3/4″
- Banner 2: 1-1/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Greeting: Lift Me Up stamp set, ‘congratulations!’
- Very Vanilla Oval: Layering Ovals Framelits Dies: 2″ smooth edge oval
- Crumb Cake Scalloped Oval: Layering Ovals Framelits Dies: 2-1/8: scallop edge oval
- Baker’s Twine Trio: I used the gold twine. This product is from the 2016 Holiday Catalog. Sadly it’s no longer available.
These are the products I used for this card:
Tip: To cut out the ‘flag’ at the bottom of each banner, use your Paper Snips to make a short cut (1/4″ – 1/2″) in the middle of the bottom of the strip of paper. Then cut up from each side (bottom of paper) to the top of the center cut. Result: a nice even flag end.
The Avant Garden stamp set is from this year’s Sale-a-Bration offering and can only be acquired (for FREE) with a $50 purchase of Stampin’ Up! products. I didn’t go for this set right away (“oh my…..more flowers”) but I must tell you, I just love it! So easy to use. Click here to see one of my favorite cards made with Avant Garden. Click on any of the items I used for this card to be taken to my Stampin’ Up! online store. Be sure to use February’s Host Code, XKNCWCYX, if your order is under $150. At the end of the month I’ll send you an exclusive tutorial that you won’t want to miss.