AMENDMENT: 2-12-16: I totally forgot to add the scoring measurements once I got my hands on these hand-sanitizers when I got to France/Brussels. I have added them below where they should have originally been placed! Sorry for forgetting.
Here’s the first of the items I made for swapping. I understand from my Brussels roommate that attendees at the European conventions swap more 3-D type items than cards. And when it’s a card it’s a full card and not a card front (saving card stock) as we do here in the U.S.
I prepared all of the parts for my little giftable packets ahead of time and shipped them last week. When I get to my host family’s home in Houppeville (does that sound French?), we will finish assembling these 3-D items and put them in their cello bags.
I hope I haven’t forgotten anything!
Here’s what I did ahead of time:
- Cut card stock to 9-1/2″ x 2″
(2-12-16) UPDATED MEASUREMENTS ADDED BELOW:
- Scored each piece at 1/2″, 1-1/2″, 4″ and 5″ (updated with proper measurements 2-12-16)
- Punch Large Oval Punch hole in “top” of holder.
- Use Scalloped Tag Topper Punch on one end of 2″ strip.
- Stamp image, using Cherry Cobbler ink, on top of 2″ wide strip; flip over and add a piece of Tear & Tape adhesive in the 1/2″ area for securing ‘box’.
- Attach a small bit of Tear & Tape to the bottom of each hand sanitizer for stability when it’s in the box.
- Attach pre-made flowers to the front of each box with Stampin’ Dimensionals (at least 3 of them).
It’ll be interesting now to see if I forgot any parts and how the many pieces traveled. I’ll post photos of the finished assortment on my FaceBook page once they’re done. I won’t have access to a computer or my blog posts until I return home. Scary!!!