Today’s card is a fabulous multi-dimentional card that I received from my friend and upline Debra Godfrey at OnStage last month. It’s bright, cheery and goes shake shake shake! And it can be made into any age you choose.
The awesome It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack will be retiring on May 31st so if you’re interested, check into purchasing yours today. The stack is so full of colors: Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Mint Macaron, Sahara Sand and Whisper White.
Sneak Peak tip from the new 2016-2017 Annual Catalog: there will be new Foam Adhesive Strips (141825), 1/8″ x 9″, like a l-o-n-g- dimensional, that will make creating a shaker card sooooo much easier and quicker. They’ll also be great for spinner cards but that’s a plan for another day.
Anatomy of a shaker card:
- Cut a shape of your choice on what will be the uppermost layer of your card.
- Surround that shape, on the back side, with either Dimensionals (edge pieces) or another 1/16″ double sided tape. Be sure the Dimensionals are in a solid line–no spaces.
- Fill area with sequins or ‘shaky’ items of your choice. Do not overfill!
- Cut a square shaped piece of window sheet (clear firm plastic) that will totally cover your original opening.
- Carefully remove the backing from the Dimensionals and secure the window sheet.
- Layer this shaker sheet onto a printed piece of Designer Paper (4″ x 5-1/4″) (or photo or whatever) using Dimensionals.
- Attach that layer to your card front (8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ and folded in half).
Add embellishments (numbers, sentiments, stars) as desired.
Warning: shaker cards are addictive! And fun, both to make and to receive. Try it, you’ll like it! Don’t forget to order your It’s My Party Designer Series Paper before it retires on May 31st, or supplies are depleted, whichever comes first.