I facilitate a monthly class at my local library called Stamping for Adults. The now retired librarian suggested this class name in February of 2004 when the first class was offered. The class has been going strong ever since with the name just shortened to Stamping at the Library. It’s held on the third Thursday of every month, 1-3 p.m., $3.00. Yes, $3.00. No reservation, no experience required. Just come and join us with a smile. I offer two simple cards plus envelopes for our stamping pleasure. Supplies are passed around the table and everyone leaves with two lovely, sharable cards.
All that explained, here are the cards we made this past Wednesday at the class. Yes, this has been a crazy month for so many reasons and the class was moved to the last Wednesday for October 2016. But………they came because the change of time and day were announced ahead of time
This month we had two totally new-to-stamping attendees who were surrounded by the ‘regulars’ who helped to guide them along the path to success and smiles.
This is a very simple yet quite stunning card to send to a friend during the winter months. It can be used to cheer your friend or to wish a Happy Birthday. The reason is inside.
- Sheltering Tree stamp set (137163)
- Whisper White card stock: 11″ x 4-1/4 inches, scored at 5-1/2″ and folded; 3″ square piece for layering; 1/2″ x 4″ piece for greeting
- Chocolate Chip classic ink
- Soft Sky classic ink
- Stamping Sponges
- Paper Snips
- Linen Thread
- Regal Buttons (retired)
- Snail Adhesive
- Mini Glue Dots
(Click on any of the supplies used to be taken to my Stampin’ Up! online store)
This card is quite easy:
- Stamp tree off the edges of the 3″ x 3″ card stock with Chocolate Chip ink
- Sponge the entire background with Soft Sky ink
- Attach to card front with 5 Dimensionals
- Stamp greeting on small narrow piece of Whisper White card stock
- Cut “flag” ends
- Attach with Snail adhesive
- Tie a bow through button with Linen Thread and attach to stamped layer with a Mini Glue Dot
Here’s a slight variation of my sample card:
If you’re ever in the Sonora CA area (that’s 15 miles ‘down the hill’ from our Mi Wuk Village Library) come on up to the Mi Wuk Lending Library and Community Center on the third Thursday of the month, 1 p.m. You’ll hear where we are, in the room that used to house two fire trucks as recently as the early ’90s. It’s been totally renovated since that time!