The cracked glass technique is a fun way to focus special attention on all or part of your hand stamped card.
You’ll need the following supplies:
- Card stock of choice – I used Whisper White and Old Olive
- Ink of choice – I used Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and Stampin’ Blends
- Stamp set of choice – I used Good Morning Magnolia
- Stampin’ Emboss Powder – Clear (If you have a thick embossing powder, go for it and use it, e.g. the retired Stampin’ Up! Glassy glaze)
- VersaMark ink
- Heat Tool
- Stamping Sponge (optional)
- Stamp image on card stock
- Add coloring as desired – I used Stampin’ Blends to color in the magnolia blossom and leaves
- Use a die cutting machine (I use my retired Big Shot) and the largest Oval Framelit to crop the image.
- Apply VersaMark over cropped piece of card stock
- Place a clean sheet of paper beneath VersaMark-ed layer and coat with Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Shake/tap off excess powder and heat set with Heat Tool until melted. This layer might be a tad ‘bumpy’.
- While the powder is still hot, add another layer of Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set again. This layer should appear smoother than the first layer.
- Repeat step 5 at least two more times to get a nice thick layer of embossing powder. Set aside to dry for a few minutes.
- Bend card stock carefully until the embossed layer cracks. Repeat on different spots of card stock until you like the look of it.
- If you’d like your cracks to show up more, sponge dark color ink (I used Old Olive Classic Ink) over the entire image. Then buff the image with a clean paper towel or tissue to mop up the ink that didn’t seep down into the cracks.
- Finish assembling your card.
Will you be placing an order today? If so, please use the monthly hostess code when prompted at checkout to earn free Stampin’ Up! products from me. If your order is $150 of more, no need to add the code. You’ll earn your own hostess rewards! Thank you so much for supporting a small business owner!
* Shop Stampin’ Up! in Blythe’s Store * Like my Facebook Page * Follow me on Pinterest * Join Paper Pumpkin and play along * Shop Stampin’ Up!’s Clearance Rack and save up to 60% * Join My Country Loft Team