I was inspired to make today’s hand-stamped Mint Macaron Wreath card by an order placed by a new customer from Michigan. (Hi Diane!) The Garden Lane Designer Series Paper (DSP) features Mint Macaron as well as several other green tones: Garden Green, Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz and Soft Sea Foam.
Garden Lane DSP and its shades of green……
I made two cards this morning because I wanted to compare the two ribbons I planned to place on the wreaths:
I used these ingredients/supplies to make today’s card:
- Garden Lane Designer Series Paper (aka DSP): 5-1/4″ x 4″
- : I cut a 4″ x 12″ long strip of DSP and then cut in into two 5-1/4″ pieces and two 3/4″ x 4″ pieces from the remaining ‘scrap’ to use on the inside of the card.
- Garden Green card stock (aka CS): 11″ x 4-1/4″, scored at 5-1/2″ and then folded in half
- TIP: Fold away from the ‘valley/indented’ line OR…..fold so that the ‘hump/raised line’ is inside the fold
- Mint Macaron CS: 3-3/4″ square
- Whisper White CS: 3-1/2″ square and 5-1/4″ x 4″ (for inside of card)
- Be sure the Garden Green and Mint Macaron classic ink pads are nice and juicy. Add ink from the Ink Refill bottle as necessary. (TIP: Whenever you purchase a stamp pad, always purchase the ink refill at the same time. You’ll never be frustrated with a dry pad when you have that ‘stand by’ refill. Click here for how to do that effectively.
- Punch a scrap of paper using the 2″ circle punch and center this piece on the 3-1/2″ square of Whisper White CS.
- Using Garden Green Classic Ink and the smaller twig of leaves/flower, stamp around the outside perimeter of the punched 2″ circle.
- Using Mint Macaron Classic Ink, stamp over the Garden Green stamped image, trying to position the images so they are staggered.
- Attach the Mint Macaron layer to the card front using the adhesive of your choice.
- Attach the stamped Whisper White layer using nine Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Make a bow of your desired color ribbon and attach it to the wreath using a Mini Glue Dot.
When I get ready to mail my cards I’ll add a greeting to the center of the wreath. My usual greeting when I don’t have a firm intention (like a birthday or anniversary or sympathy) for a card is “hello”. Hello says a lot in just one cute word. My other favorite all purpose greeting is “Just a Note”.
Will you be placing an online order today? If so, please use the monthly hostess code when prompted at checkout to earn free products from me. If your order is $150 or more, no need to add the code—you will earn your own hostess rewards by just following the prompts on the ordering page! Thank you so much for supporting a small business owner!
* Shop Stampin’ Up! in Blythe’s Store * Like my Facebook Page * Follow me on Pinterest * Join Paper Pumpkinand play along * Shop Stampin’ Up!’s Clearance Rack and save up to 60% * Join My Country Loft Team