How nice is it to tell your Valentine that they are the music in your heart? Well, when you use the new Music from the Heart stamp set from the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog, you can do just that!
I received this card, made by Casi, in a swap with my stamping sidelines (fellow demonstrators) here in Boise. You can just about hear the music that comes from the heart of it.
Casi used Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo and Whisper White card stocks for her card, along with the Flirty Flamingo Heart Doily, gold embossing powder and the Petal Pink 1/4″ Metallic Edge Ribbon.
- Petal Pink card front: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Flirty Flamingo layer: 5-1/5″ x 4″
- Whisper White layer: 5″ x 3-3/4″ and 2-3/4″
- Rub over the Whisper White layer with the Embossing Buddy (to remove any static)
- Randomly stamp the treble clef and music note images with VersaMark and immediately sprinkle over your stamped images with the Gold Stampin’ Embosss powder. Shake off excess and heat with Heat Tool until the powder is evenly melted. Set aside for a minute or so.
- Color in hearts using the Flirty Flamingo Light Stampin’ Blends marker.
- Attach the Flirty Flamingo layer to the Petal Pink card front using Snail adhesive. Then add the stamped and embossed Whisper White layer also using the Snail adhesive.
- Rub over the Flirty Flamingo doily with the Embossing Buddy. Tap the doily diagonally using the VersaMark stamp pad. Immediately sprinkle with the Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder, shake off excess and heat with the Heat Tool until the powder is evenly melted. Set aside for a minute or so.
- Attach this layer to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Rub over the Whisper White scrap with the Embossing Buddy. Stamp with your greeting using the VersaMark stamp pad.
- Immediately sprinkle with the Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder, shake off excess and heat with the Heat Tool until the powder is evenly melted. Set aside for a minute or so.
- Use your Paper Snips to make a ‘flag’ on the right end of the piece you just embossed. TIP: Make a 1/4″ cut in the middle of the end of the embossed piece toward the embossing. Then make a cut from each side of the end of the piece toward the end of the first cut you made. This will create a balanced ‘v’ cut flag or tail.
- Attach this stamped banner to the embossed doily using Snail Adhesive.
- Tie a 10-14″ piece of ribbon into a bow. (Check out this post for how-to make that bow if your aren’t sure.) Attach to the banner with one or two Mini Glue Dots. Done.
Stand by for more ideas using this “not-just-for-a-Valentine” fun stamp set. You’ll be amazed at its versatility. BUT…….if you want to create a Valentine, order your set today. (It’s way back on p. 57 of the Mini Catalog) Valentine’s Day is around the proverbial corner. Just click on the card image above to go directly to my Stampin’ Up! store. Check out other supplies while you’re at it, like maybe embossing powder and a Heat Tool. And don’t forget the must-have Embossing Buddy to keep your embossing power from scattering all over the place. Above all…….have fun! Questions? Please ask in a comment below or an email above (click on the CONTACT TAB).
I definitely normally don’t do this but today is the exception. Fellow SU! demonstrator Dawn Olchefske earned a million dollars in sales this past year and as an achiever got to create her very own stamp set to be placed in a Stamping’ Up! catalog. Today’s post features HER stamp set. And looking at her blog totally inspired me to get off the dime and purchase this set. Check out the versatility!!! If you too are inspired to purchase the Music from the Heart stamp set please come back here to my blog to do so. I’d really appreciate that. But do check out Dawn’s creative samples and ideas.