The third Thursday of the month always means Stampin’ at the Mi-Wuk Library. It also means fun and laughs and creativity. Our first card featured the Springtime Impressions Thinlits. It is a quick and easy butterfly card.
You’ll need a Big Shot along with the Springtime Impressions Thinlits and a pack of Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes. I’d recommend always having a pack of these notecards (20 cards/envelopes for $6.50) on hand for quick cards. The accent layer can be any color of your choice. I thought I’d use the 2018-2020 In Colors to make a set of “Hello” cards in addition to the Highland Heather “Thank You” card we made at the library.
And here’s my 2018-2020 In Color set.
Here are the easy-peasy construction tips:
- Card Front: Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes
- Colorful layer: 4-3/4″ x 3-1/4″ You choose any color you want!
- Die Cut layer: 4-1/2″ x 3″
- Set the butterfly from the Springtime Impressions Thinlits Dies at an angle on the Whisper White card stock piece and run it through the Big Shot.
- Use the Big Shot Die Brush to pop out all of the little ‘chads’. I keep mine in a Paper Pumpkin box (turned inside out) so I can keep the chads under control.
- Attach both layers to the card front, being sure to run a thin line of Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive around the butterfly cut out.
- Put a stripe of the same liquid glue on the butterfly’s thorax/belly and place in the cutout area from which it was cut out.
- Add either Basic Rhinestones or Basic Pearls to the butterfly’s back.
- I colored the Pineapple Punch, Lovely Lipstick and Call Me Clover Pearls using Stampin’ Blends. The Blends are perfect for coloring both the Rhinestones and the Pearls. Woohoo! I used plain Rhinestones on the Blueberry Bushel and Grapefruit Grove cards since there are no Blends in those colors.
Products used for today’s Butterfly card:
Trust me……… This is a truly quick and easy butterfly card. You can modify the greeting to whatever suits your need at the moment. I’d recommend making four or five (or even more) of these note cards without a greeting and then add the appropriate greeting when the needs arises. You could also make a gift set of cards in colors that match your recipient’s personality. Enjoy!