Today’s simple Seasonal Wreath card is another that we made in our class earlier this week. Again, it’s deceptively simple yet wonderfully elegant.
I must admit that initially I totally overlooked (or underlooked!) this beautiful Dynamic Season Wreath Textured Embossing Folder. Too simple and ‘eh’ I thought. Oh my goodness was I wrong!
You’ll need these supplies for this lovely card:
Here’s how to create your card:
- Garden Green card stock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4. Burnish (rub over) the fold line with your Bone Folder. TIP: After scoring fold the ‘hump’ of the score line to the inside. You’ll get a much smoother crease this way. Trust me. 🙂
- Gold Foil: cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ and attach to the Garden Green card front.
- Whisper White Thick Card Stock: cut to 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Center the Whisper White card stock inside the Seasonal Wreath embossing folder leaving more space at the bottom than at the top. Run it through the Big Shot (platform plus one Standard Cutting Pad; place embossing folder fold toward the handle) two times……..run it through the Big Shot and then crank it backwards for a second run.
- Using a Sponge Dauber and the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, gently swirl (circular motions) the paint over the embossed wreath.
- Using the Light Soft Sea Foam Blend, color the entire wreath.
- Using the Dark Soft Sea Foam Blend, color the smaller leaves only. You’ll have to look carefully and in bright in light/shadows to see them all.
- Add three clusters of three Red Rhinestone Jewels, spacing them as you choose.
- Make a bow with the Real Red 1/8″ Ribbon and attach it with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Stamp the greeting using the Clear Block H and the Merry Christmas greeting, (or any greeting of your choice obviously) with Garden Green ink below the wreath.
- I also added a 5″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Whisper White card stock to the inside of the card and then added the greeting from the Star of Light stamp set.
I had a last minute epiphany which was to try embossing just the flap of the envelope for a bit more ‘eye candy’.
Which color of bow do you prefer? Gold or Real Red?
Regardless of which color bow you use, this simple Seasonal Wreath card is really quite stunning and is one of my favorites. I hope you try it yourself. If you need any supplies, click here or on the images above to go to my online SU! store or send me an email and I’ll be glad to help you place an order.